Table of Contents
Best Low Income Senior Housing In Nashville, Tennessee
From age-restricted apartments to high-end assisted living facilities, Nashville has it all for providing seniors with appropriate housing.
Below we look at the top-rated options available for interested seniors. Nashville offers plenty of affordable elder housing opportunities and a great lifestyle for its older citizens.
Villa Maria Manor
Villa Maria Manor is perfect for seniors seeking high-quality, affordable housing in Nashville, Tennessee. Situated in the Belle Meade area, this low-income senior housing complex offers a comfortable home to its residents.
Enjoy private living spaces with modern appliances inside, and take advantage of spacious common areas and lighted walking paths outside. Plus, there are one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and one-bedroom handicap units available.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (615) 352-3084
- Address: 32 White Bridge Pike, Nashville, TN 37205
- Website: http://villamariamanor.org/index.html
Each residence is upgraded with new, modern appliances. There are plenty of amenities on-site for guests too. This includes common areas indoors and outdoors.
The Villa Maria Manor property has a beauty salon, library, recreational room, and exercise room. It’s perfectly located near plenty of transportation options too.
- Located close to the city center
- Handicap accessible rooms
- Multiple floor plans available
- Excellent groundskeeping and onsite amenities
- Rooms are nice but a little undersized
Leah Rose Residence
The Leah Rose Residence is a high-end, affordable housing option for senior citizens. Nestled in one of the top neighborhoods for safety and security, it is close to desirable retail centers and job opportunities.
Security and well-being are taken seriously here. The staff members guarantee comfort and protection for all of the residence's occupants by providing three different floor plans that fit any need or preference.
Residents can enjoy independence knowing they are secure in their homes with access to amenities that help them stay self-sufficient.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (615) 298-2634
- Address: 1900 Acklen Ave #504, Nashville, TN 37212
- Website: http://leahroseresidence.com/
This is a tight-knit community with weekly grocery trips, church visits, bingo games, etc. It’s in the perfect location in downtown Nashville near restaurants, gift shops, and stores. Residents are free to customize their apartments as they please too.
- Affordable monthly rent with subsidized utilities
- Access to senior services and activities
- Located in a safe, quiet neighborhood
- Some units have limited space and outdated appliances
Heartland Christian Tower
The Heartland Christian Tower is located on Murfreesboro Road in South Nashville. This low income senior housing community offers residents various services and amenities designed to keep them comfortable and independent.
The four-story building boasts elevator access, covered parking spaces, cable television hookups, 24-hour monitored security systems, free laundry facilities, a fully staffed activity center, and plenty of other features that make life easier for those who call it home.
- Email: Call Only
- Phone: (615) 232-0566
- Address: 3027 Fernbrook Ln, Nashville, TN 37214
All floorplans available for 62 and older residents are one-bedroom models with plenty of space. There is a 24-hour maintenance crew and active residents. This is a nice community to meet others. It’s also handicapped-accessible and pet friendly.
- Spacious apartments with a nice layout in each unit
- Provides access to community activities and social outlets for seniors
- Located in the perfect area for quick trips to grocery stores, pharmacies, etc.
- Accessibility may be limited and not as easy for disabled residents
Haynes Garden Apartments
The Haynes Garden Apartments is another one of the best bets in Nashville. They provide low income senior housing with various amenities to make living easier.
Haynes Garden offers its residents a safe environment with convenient services. The 24-hour staff is available to lend a hand when needed, providing peace of mind around the clock. There are also security cameras throughout the complex that help ensure everyone’s safety and well-being.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (615) 228-1324
- Address: 2715 Whites Creek Pike, Nashville, TN 37207
- Website: http://haynesgardensapts.com/
The apartments boast many features that simplify everyday life for seniors with mobility or health issues. Each apartment unit contains wheelchair-accessible showers and large walkways for those using wheelchairs or walkers inside their homes.
In addition, kitchen appliances like refrigerators and microwaves are installed within each apartment so guests don’t need to bring additional items from home. Onsite activities like weekly Bingo games and potluck dinners give tenants something fun to do together.
- Affordable rent with wheelchair ramps and wider hallways for disabled residents
- Weekly activities for seniors to meet others in the community
- 24/7 emergency maintenance services
- Limited parking available onsite
- Community space may not be suitable for all activities due to size constraints
John L Glenn Residential Center
The John L. Glenn Residential Center is located in the heart of Nashville’s historic district. It provides easy access to a variety of cultural attractions and activities that are available year-round.
The convenient location makes it easy for residents to explore their community while remaining close to home. This facility offers comfortable housing with various amenities that make life easier and more enjoyable for its residents.
- Email: Call Only
- Phone: (615) 259-4048
- Address: 2016 28th Avenue, North Nashville, TN 37208
The John L Glenn Residential Center team goes above and beyond when it comes to caring for its senior residents. We noticed the staff was happy to help residents with everything they needed.
This community is built for seniors aged 62 and up. Other amenities include air conditioning, an emergency call system, and on-site laundry access for all residents.
- Access to social services and recreational activities
- Transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers, and other locations
- Responsive and friendly staff
- Only available to seniors 62 and up. Other communities offer the option to 55 and over.
Best Low Income Senior Housing In Memphis, Tennessee
Memphis is a great place for low income seniors to find quality, affordable housing. There are plenty of options with multiple amenities and services at an economical rate, allowing seniors to have a safe and comfortable living space.
Below are the top-rated options.
City View Towers Senior Apartments
We recently enjoyed visiting the City View Towers Senior Apartments in Memphis. After meeting with the staff and touring their property, we were impressed by their attentiveness and care for residents.
This complex features stylish one-bedroom senior apartments with recently updated amenities. This includes new appliances, countertops, and full bathrooms.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (901) 521-1104
- Address: 256 S Camilla St, Memphis, TN 38104
- Website: https://st-residential.com/2022/10/11/city-view-towers/
These one or two-bedroom units have air conditioning and heating, an on-site laundry facility, a community room, and a fitness center. It's perfect for active seniors who want a great living experience.
The resident lounge is open to all guests. Most units also include a private balcony. There is also off-street parking available for residents with cars.
- Close proximity to essential services and amenities
- Onsite recreational activities and social opportunities
- Secure building with 24/7 surveillance
- Private balcony and a large resident lounge for guests
- Building can become noisy during peak times
For those seeking low-income senior housing in Memphis, Tennessee, Memphis Towers should be top of the list. One of the city's best complexes for this age group, it provides a safe and comfortable atmosphere at an economical rate.
Features include handicap accessibility, laundry facilities onsite, a library, and communal rooms. Plus, all utilities are included in the rent payment every month.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (901) 526-2233
- Address: 1081 Court Ave, Memphis, TN 38104
- Website: https://memphistowers.com/
All available units are one-bedroom apartments. They have a spacious design and residents can enjoy maintenance-free living. The relaxing garden area is where other residents relax and enjoy the weather.
Apartments have electric stoves, air conditioning, appliances, full bathrooms, and an emergency call system. The complex hosts planned activities for residents and the grounds are in great condition.
- Staff available for assistance with activities of daily living
- Utilities included in rent
- Upgraded electric appliances
- Emergency call system in each unit
- Only one-bedroom units available
Senior Living at University Place
Seniors looking for an enriching experience in Memphis can turn to University Place, a top low income senior housing complex. Monthly rent is based on each resident’s income.
This community offers spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments, making it easy for retirees to take advantage of nearby attractions like hospitals, shopping centers, and leisure activities.
- Email: Call Only
- Phone: (901) 524-0990
- Address: 600 S Somerville St, Memphis, TN 38104
- Website: http://www.uplace-senior.com/
Seniors can take advantage of a wide range of services ranging from around-the-clock maintenance staff who are available 24/7 for repairs or service requests. There is good access to public transportation, on-site laundry facilities, and upgraded interiors with new appliances in each unit.
Residents love to attend organized social opportunities like game nights, movie screenings, potluck dinners, and educational classes geared towards enriching each individual's quality of life while living in this vibrant community.
- 24/7 on-call maintenance staff for repairs and service requests
- Excellent community with weekly social events
- Modern building with a nice location near public transportation
- There can be long waiting lists for available units
Hickory Hollow Senior Apartments
Hickory Hollow is located in a quiet residential area that's close to restaurants, shopping centers, and easy access to public transportation. It’s an easy place to live in Memphis for running errands and taking short trips around town.
Upon entering the building, residents are greeted by friendly staff that is always willing to help with whatever needs they may have. This attractive senior housing community offers top-notch quality living with plenty of amenities and activities for residents.
- Email: Call Only
- Phone: (901) 797-0266
- Address: 3930 Allenbrooke Cove, Memphis, TN 38118
The apartments feature spacious living rooms, walk-in closets, fully-equipped kitchens with modern appliances, and washer/dryer units in each unit. The building also has elevators throughout. This makes it easy for seniors who need extra assistance navigating their way around.
Amenities onsite include a community kitchen, fitness room, multiple laundry facilities, and a library. This is also one of the few 55+ senior community complexes in Memphis. Most of them only allowed seniors aged 62 and up.
- Larger apartments with washer/dryer in each unit
- 55+ community for younger seniors
- Elevators located throughout the complex with wheelchair ramps
- Some residents have experienced maintenance problems in the past
Best Low Income Senior Housing In Knoxville, Tennessee
One of the most important parts of retirement is finding a place to live that meets your budget and lifestyle. In Knoxville, Tennessee, there are many housing options for low-income seniors.
From townhouses to apartment complexes and senior communities, seniors in Knoxville can find the quality resources they need at an unbeatable price. We look at the best options below.
White Oak Crossing
There is plenty of space and tons of onsite amenities. The White Oak Crossing is one of the best senior living communities that offers 2 and 3-bedroom apartments. This is a change compared to many other options with only one bedroom.
Residents can find electric appliances, washers, dryers, and dishwashers in each apartment. These are some of the best-equipped senior housing units we’ve found thus far.
- Email: Call Only
- Phone: (865) 244-6348
- Address: 290 Quaker Way, Knoxville, TN 37920
- Website: https://whiteoakcrossing.wodagroup.com/
The expected rent for a standard 2-bedroom unit is $635-$715. 3-bedroom units are a little higher, priced at $719-$819. It’s hard to find a better alternative in the city of Knoxville.
The community amenities include a playground, business center, fitness center, and community room. Pets are also allowed. But the complex does charge a one-time fee of $300 to bring a furry friend here.
- Extremely low cost apartments
- Newly updated electric appliances
- Available as two and three bedroom units
- Expensive fees for pets
The Westview Towers senior living facility is another well-managed option. One-bedroom pricing starts at $612 per unit for low income seniors who qualify for rental assistance. Studio apartments are also available.
The grounds here are impeccably kept up, making it easy for seniors to get around on their own. There is wheelchair access throughout many parts of our complex. This makes getting out of my apartment much easier than before.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (865) 691-8551
- Address: 7823 Gleason Dr, Knoxville, TN 37919
- Website: https://www.lhp.net/
Residents particularly appreciate all of the great social activities offered at Westview Towers. Every week there are different events for seniors, like bingo night and movie night. These are fun ways for guests to get together and make friends.
All units are wheelchair and handicapped-accessible. There is resident parking and local public transport for guests too.
- Excellent option for disabled residents
- Parking for all residents is available
- Well-kept public areas with a responsive maintenance team
- In the heart of the city
- Not ideal for seniors who prefer to live away from busy areas
Broadway Towers Apartments
Broadway Towers Apartments is a low-income senior housing complex located in Knoxville. It offers affordable rental units for seniors aged 55 and over who are seeking independent living without the high cost of other private facilities.
This affordable housing community is conveniently located near medical care, shopping centers, public transportation, colleges, and cultural activities. With its affordability and central location, it has become one of the most attractive options available to seniors on a budget in the area.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (865) 524-4092
- Address: 1508 Mc Croskey Ave A, Knoxville, TN 37917
- Website: https://mansermar.com/our-communities/broadway-towers/
In addition to providing comfort and convenience through well-maintained living spaces and supportive staff members, this community is committed to providing social opportunities for its residents. This also includes a new park with a gazebo and skywalk.
Residents living at Broadway Towers have plenty of amenities. It’s also a handicapped-accessible place with individual heating and air conditioning in each unit.
- Tight-knit community of residents who host weekly and monthly activities
- Handicapped-accessible units
- Located within range to many stores, colleges, etc.
- Available for seniors aged 55 and over
- Mostly one bedroom units
Best Low Income Senior Housing In Chattanooga, Tennessee
Chattanooga has several options for seniors seeking low income housing. One of the best is Silvertree Senior Living Community, which offers both independent living and assisted living. We will discuss the top three options below.
Silvertree Seniors is a senior living community located in the heart of Chattanooga. It is dedicated to meeting the needs of low-income seniors who are in need of safe and affordable housing.
This community offers a wide range of amenities designed to make life easier for its residents, including accessible public transportation, on-site personal care services, social activities, and recreational opportunities.
- Email: Call Only
- Phone: (423) 344-8361
- Address: 5465 TN-58, Chattanooga, TN 37416
- Website: https://st-residential.com/2022/10/13/silvertree-seniors-chattanooga/
The staff here goes above and beyond to ensure each resident has access to necessary support services. This is a massive 125-unit high rise. Residents can choose a one-bedroom or two-bedroom unit.
With cozy living spaces for senior residents, this community creates a homey atmosphere where seniors can feel secure while surrounded by friends and neighbors like them. The onsite Service Coordinator plans weekly events for residents too.
- Available as one and two bedroom units
- The onsite Service Coordinator is friendly and helpful for all residents
- Safe neighborhood
- Only available for seniors ages 62 and over
Whiteside's Faith Manor
Whiteside's Faith Manor is an excellent low income facility for seniors. Income-based housing is offered to qualifying residents who want a safe and affordable place to live.
The Manor consists of one-bedroom apartments positioned within three stories for easy access. Each residence features an open living space with an updated kitchen, bathroom, and spacious bedroom.
- Email: Call Only
- Phone: (423) 414-2548
- Address: 735 E 10th St, Chattanooga, TN 37403
- Website: http://www.faithmanor.com/
The staff ensures that seniors feel safe in their residences by routinely providing 24/7 security surveillance throughout the building. It’s a quiet area away from the busy areas in the city.
- 24/7 security surveillance
- Quiet area away from the busy parts of the city
- Updated interiors make these units affordable and modern
- No multi-bedroom units available
Brookdale Hixson is an affordable housing option for seniors who may not be able to afford more expensive living arrangements. This housing community offers a range of amenities and activities tailored specifically to the needs of its residents.
They have a daily check-in system and emergency alert system in each room. This increases the safety of guests. There’s also a keypad entry for memory care residents.
- Email: Call Only
- Phone: (423) 877-8771
- Address: 4515 Hixson Pike, Chattanooga, TN 37343
- Website: https://www.brookdale.com/en.html
This is a pet-friendly property with WiFi access provided to guests. Other amenities include a beauty salon, concierge service, and a therapy room.
- Pet-friendly complex
- Daily check-in system with an emergency alert system in each unit
- Excellent security and staff
- Good location but not as much public transportation available
What Qualifies For Low Income Senior Housing In Tennessee?
In Tennessee, most programs are similar to other states in the country with regard to qualifications for HUD and Section 202. Those who wish to access these subsidies must be 62 years or older and qualify with less than 50% of the median income in their area.
This is different from the national average income. The Tennessee cost of living tends to be on the lower end too. This will cause the eligibility requirements to change a little.
Many properties set an age requirement of 55 or above, providing even more options for those seeking subsidized housing solutions. It’s best to reach out to individual properties for more information.
How To Apply For Low Income Senior Housing In Tennessee
Tennessee seniors have great access to housing. Many properties include senior care, a swimming pool, paid utilities, etc. Here are the required steps to apply.
1. Find A Low Income Approved Property
First, look for a property that approves seniors with low income. This is relatively easy. There are plenty of options like the ones mentioned above.
One thing to look out for is the age requirement. Some properties will approve seniors aged 55 and up. Others would only approve residents at age 62 and up.
2. Determine Your Low Income Housing Program
Before applying to any of these programs, seniors should take the time to research what is available and determine which is the best for them.
Another option is to use Tennessee's low income housing tax credit or confirm eligibility with any HUD programs. You can qualify for Section 202 if your income is below 50% of the median income in the area.
3. Submit All Required Documents
After contacting the property, they will set a meeting to determine and confirm eligibility. Bring any forms related to your income and proper identification, and they may also run a background check on applicants.
4. Wait For Approval
Finally, we can wait for the approval. This typically takes 1-7 days, depending on how busy a property is and when the next available rental opens. Once they prove eligibility, we can secure a lease and choose an apartment floorplan.
Can Social Security Cover Senior Housing In Tennessee?
While Social Security does provide some financial assistance for elderly individuals, it isn’t enough to cover all expenses related to senior living arrangements.
This could include long-term care or assisted living facility fees as well as home modifications and special medical equipment that seniors may need. Typically, assisted facilities or nursing homes are only needed for seniors with mobility issues.
Some retirees may need to supplement their income because Tennessee does not provide additional benefits to seniors through the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program.
Other income sources like part-time work or investments ensure they can afford the cost of housing that best meets their needs as they age.