Table of Contents
How to Activate Keychain from iCloud?
Activating from iPhone
If you want to know how to activate the keychain feature from your iCloud account on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Tap skip on the “Approve this iPhone” prompt.
- Open the settings.
- Open your Apple ID.
- You can enter the 4-digit security code to access your iCloud.
- Once you access your iCloud, choose Keychain.
- Turn on the iCloud Keychain toggle.
Once you follow these steps, the device will ask you for your passcode. You may enter the secret code and wait. You will then see the Keychain enabled on your device.
Activating from Mac or MacBook
You can also activate the keychain feature from your Mac or Macbook. To enable it, you can follow the listed steps below:
- Access the System preferences from the Apple (dropdown) Menu
- Click on Apple ID
- Choose iCloud
- Proceed to Keychain and turn it on
- If the system asks, you may provide the Apple ID password.
After entering the required details, you can activate your Keychain from your Mac or MacBook.
Methods to Approve Your iPhone from Other Devices
You may land into different scenarios to approve your iPhone if multiple Apple devices are registered to the same iCloud account.
Using Native iOS Devices
Operating collaborative features across multiple native iOS devices can be easy. If you want to approve your iPhone from one of your iOS devices, you can follow the steps listed below:
- Open the iCloud app from the Apple Menu
- Enter your credentials to sign in to your iCloud account
- After signing in, you may log in to your iCloud from the unapproved iPhone
- Now, you will receive a notification on your native device to approve another device accessing your iCloud account
- Click on Allow and verify your Apple ID to approve the device
- You may need to wait for your device to sync data
After syncing data, your new iPhone is ready to use on the same iCloud account.
Using Non-Apple Devices
If you want to approve your iPhone from any non-apple devices, it may not be as simple as native devices. While this may be correct, you can access your iCloud account through a web browser on your Windows or Linux computer.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the browser on your non-Apple device
- Open your iCloud account
- Enter your credentials to sign in to your account
- Verify your Apple ID using your verification code
- Turn on the two-step verification using the edit button
- After confirmation, you may wait for your data to sync across multiple devices.
Methods to Approve Your iPhone Without Other Devices
If you want to approve your iPhone without having access to another device, you can opt for two methods.
Switching Off Keychain
If you cannot work around the device approval problem, you can use this method to get rid of the approval notification prompt.
Follow the steps below to switch off the iCloud Keychain:
- Tap on the “Approve this iPhone” screen
- Open the Settings
- Tap on Apple ID
- Choose iCloud
- Access the keychain section
- Tap iCloud Keychain
- Switch off the keychain toggle
- Enter your Apple verification code when required
- Choose Approve
Following these steps accurately will turn your Keychain feature off on your device. You can eliminate the annoying prompt appearing on your iPhone’s screen. You can always turn the iCloud Keychain on to approve your device.
Turning Off Two-Factor Authentication
One of the least recommended options to remove the device approval notification from your iPhone is switching off the two-factor authentication. Apple experts do not recommend this option due to the exposure of security threats to your data. This option reduces a primary layer of data security from your iCloud account.
If you want to turn off the two-factor authentication, you can follow the below-listed steps:
- Open your mobile browser
- Enter your credentials to access your iCloud account
- Access the security section
- Turn off the two-step verification using the edit button
- Add your 4-digit security code for your iCloud account
- Tap on the approve button
- Wait for your data to sync across devices
While the steps mentioned above can help you get rid of the prompt, you may need to switch your two-factor authentication back down the road. This security feature protects your valuable data in the iCloud storage.
It may be a welcome sign for cloud hackers to attempt a breach on your data. You may be at a greater risk of hacker breach if you have multiple devices linked to a single iCloud account.
Sharing Passwords Across Apple Devices
You can try a few methods if you want to know how to share your passwords across your Apple devices. The best way is to use the iCloud Keychain feature. This option allows you to store your passwords in your iCloud account. You can also sync your passwords between your Apple devices linked to the same iCloud.
You can also opt for password management tools. These programs offer a safe experience sharing your passwords across multiple devices without storing them on your iCloud account.
Transferring iCloud Keychain to a New iPhone
Apple’s iCloud Keychain feature lets you easily transfer your Keychain to a new iPhone. To accomplish it, you must have both (old and new) devices logged into your iCloud account.
By accessing your settings and turning on the Keychain toggle on the current device, you can allow access to your new iPhone. To complete the process, you may need to enter your Apple ID verification code.
Information Stored In iCloud Keychain
The iCloud Keychain stores confidential user data, including credit card information, user passwords, usernames, web accounts data, etc. Apple uses end-to-end encryption to store sensitive information, providing the highest security level to its device users.
The company does not breach or allow external interference to your iCloud data. All the information stored in your iCloud is secure and can only be accessed by your passcode and Apple ID verification.