Table of Contents
How to Connect and Cast a Vizio TV to Your Wi-Fi Network?
As discussed above, the phone and the Vizio TV should be on the same network. With that out of the way, here are a few simple steps to follow.
- On your remote control, press the menu button.
- Select “Network” and open up a new menu.
- In that menu, select “network connection.”
- Then press “wireless.” You will see a number of networks appear in front of you.
- Select the desired network, and enter the password to your internet.
- Wait for a few seconds before the connection forms.
- Once the connection is formed, a dialog box will appear on the screen.
- The dialog box will confirm your connection.
Sometimes, a Wi-Fi network has connectivity problems. Either the connection is weak, or the speed is too low. In that case, it is better for you to opt for a wired network.
How to Connect and Cast a Vizio TV to a Wired Network
Here are a few simple steps to connect and cast a Vizio TV to your wired network.
- Use an ethernet cable to connect the TV to the Router.
- Just like before, access the menu button on the remote and press it.
- Next up, open a new menu by clicking on “network.”
- When you select the wired network, a dialog box will appear confirming your connection to the wired network.
Connecting a Smartphone to a Vizio TV
Follow these steps to connect your smartphone to a Vizio TV.
- First of all, install the SmartCast application.
- Next up, you must log in to your profile as a guest.
- Then, you have to open up the application on the home menu of your phone.
- After that, you have to navigate through the home menu on your TV.
- You will see a drop-down menu at the top of your application.
- In that drop-down menu, select your device.
- Once you are on the drop-down menu, press “get started.”
- When you do so, you will open up the list of devices available for pairing.
- There, you will see a “+” sign. Press the sign and enter the name of your television.
- Your phone will ask you to enter a four-digit code.
- You will find the code on the top of your TV’s menu.
What If the TV Doesn’t Connect to the Internet?
As we discussed above, if the Vizio TV fails to connect to the Wi-Fi, try the wired connection. By doing so, you will figure out whether or not there is an issue with your Wi-Fi or the router. Usually, there aren’t too many issues with the router, but it is still better to try out both options.
These are some of the major issues that may prevent you from connecting your Vizio TV to your internet connection using your phone.
- The first obstruction is the number of devices that are connected to the system. Try disconnecting one of the devices if you aren’t using it at the moment. This will provide you with better bandwidth.
- Another problem is the distance between the TV and the router. Chances are your TV is out of range, or some pieces of furniture are getting in the way.
- Sometimes, other devices also cause a hindrance. Some common examples of such devices are baby monitors, cellphones, and other Bluetooth devices.
What If It’s the Router?
If you suspect a problem with the router, you can simply power cycle the router to troubleshoot any problems you may be facing.
- To begin, unplug the router. Be sure to keep it unplugged for at least 10 seconds.
- Next, plug the router back in.
- Before turning the router on, ensure it completes the startup process.
Sometimes, you may have issues even if you try the above-mentioned steps. The easiest thing to do is to remove the network from your TV’s connection list.
Connecting and Displaying Your Phone on a Vizio TV
It is worth noting that your phone isn’t just acting as a remote control. You can also mirror the content on your phone on the TV screen. Here is what you need to do.
- Ensure the Vizio TV and the phone are connected to the same network.
- On your phone, you have to press the “cast” icon. This is normally found on your phone’s home screen in the drop-down menu.
- You can also look for casting options within the settings menu on your phone.
- Once you make it to your casting menu, you will come across a number of devices that can be cast to the TV. From the options available, you can choose your TV.
- Your smartphone’s screen will now appear on the Vizio TV screen.
By now, you know all about the process of connecting your phone to your Vizio TV. It is quite simple and straightforward. All you need is the SmartCast application and the job is half done. This application allows you to use your phone as a remote while mirroring the content on your phone on the Vizio TV screen.
The most common issues are the ones related to connectivity. Sometimes, the TV fails to connect to your Wi-Fi. You can try switching to a wired system; if that doesn’t work, check the router using the steps mentioned above.