Table of Contents
Does Lowes Give A Senior Discount?
Lowe's, a popular home improvement retailer, caters to many customers, including senior citizens. As with many retail stores, you might wonder, do they give a Lowe’s senior discount?
The answer is that Lowe's does not offer a senior discount day as part of its corporate policy. However, this does not mean senior discounts and savings opportunities do not exist at Lowe's.
While they do not have a specific Lowe’s senior discount policy, they do offer various ideas to save money for shoppers of all ages. A few of these strategies include
- Promotions and Sales: Lowe's frequently has sales events and discounted prices on various items, which benefits all shoppers, including seniors.
- Lowe's Credit Card: Lowe's offer store credit card that provides cardholders exclusive senior discounts, financing, and promotional opportunities.
- Military/FirstResponder Discount: Active military, veterans, and first responders can benefit from Lowe's military discount, typically a 10% senior discount on eligible items.
- Price Matching: Lowe's matching price policy allows customers to receive better pricing for items found at other stores or online retailers, helping everyone save money.
- Bulk Ordering: Customers planning large home improvement projects can take advantage of bulk ordering senior discounts at Lowe's, which can lead to saving money.
Eligible Discounts At Lowe’s
As you may already know, Lowe's does not offer a senior discount. However, there are still plenty of ways to save money at Lowe's for seniors and everyone else.
Lowe's is grateful for the service of active-duty military personnel, veterans, and their families. As a result, they offer a 10% military discount on eligible items, which can help seniors who have served or have family members who have served.
First Responder Discount
While Lowe's does not currently offer a specific first responder discount, they do provide exclusive senior discounts and offers to various organizations, including military personnel and veterans. Seniors with a first responder background may still find big deals on eligible items for their home improvement needs.
Contractor Packs Discounts
Lowe's caters to bulk ordering needs, primarily for contractors, but it can also benefit senior citizens looking to save money. When shopping at Lowe's, keep an eye out for contractor packs - these bulk orders will have a discounted price, allowing you to save money on a larger quantity of items.
The most effective way seniors can save at Lowe's is by taking advantage of their clearance sales. These sales feature heavily discounted items, including a wide range of products for home improvement projects.
Here are some tips on how to make the most out of these sales:
- Check for clearance items regularly, as the inventory frequently changes
- Keep an eye out for clearance items both in-store and online
- Be prepared to act fast, as popular items may sell out quickly
Ways To Save At Lowe’s For Seniors
Despite the fact that Lowe's does not offer a senior discount, there are still several ways senior citizens can save money at the popular home improvement store.
Some alternative Lowe’s senior discount options include the MyLowes program, the store's price-matching policy, and credit card options. Let's explore these opportunities for seniors to save money at Lowe's.
Join The MyLowe’s Program
One way to save at Lowe's is by signing up for a free MyLowes account. Free myLowe's account holders can manage their purchases and track their order history. Additionally, they will receive exclusive discounts and offers sent directly to their email.
As a member, you can also take advantage of:
- Access to upcoming promotions at Lowe’s rebate center
- Regular updates on clearance items
- The ability to save your purchased items and access them or shop online
Price Matching Policy
Lowe's offers a price-matching policy that applies to both online and in-store purchases. Lowe's will match the competitor's price if a customer finds a better price for an identical item at a local retail store or online retailer. Seniors can use this policy to ensure they are getting the best possible deal when shopping for home improvement items.
To take advantage of price matching, seniors need to present the ad or website showing the lower price to the customer service desk at their local Lowe's store. If shopping online, seniors can contact Lowe's customer support and provide the relevant information to request a price match.
Credit Card Options
Lowe's offer credit card that comes with exclusive discounts and savings opportunities. Cardholders can enjoy benefits such as:
- 5% off eligible purchases made with the card
- Special financing options for larger purchases
- Exclusive cardholder events and offers discounts
In addition to the Lowe's credit card, seniors can also explore other discounts with cash-back rewards or points systems that can be redeemed for discounts at various Lowe’s stores.
Discounts at Other Home Improvement Stores
Home Depot Discounts
Comparing senior discounts provided by other home improvement retailers is essential for seniors looking to save money. For instance, Home Depot offers a military discount to active-duty military personnel, reservists, and retired veterans. This Lowe’s senior discount provides 10% off on eligible items, allowing these individuals to save without requiring a senior discount.
Furthermore, Home Depot's Pro Xtra program welcomes professionals and frequent shoppers to enjoy exclusive senior discounts and benefits. With Pro Xtra, customers can enjoy the following:
- Bulk pricing on qualifying products
- Paint rewards
- Purchase tracking
- Exclusive offers and promotions
At Menards, seniors can benefit from their rebate program to acquire valuable savings. Though Menards does not have a specific senior discount days policy, they offer the following:
- Rebates on specific items
- Sale and clearance sale items
- Exclusive promotions via email
- Project estimation tools and resources
Ace Hardware Discounts
Ace Hardware, unlike Lowe's, does have a senior discount day. Usually held on the first Tuesday or Wednesday of each month, seniors aged 55 and above can enjoy 10% off at participating Ace Hardware stores. Check your local store for the senior day schedule.
Ace Hardware also has a rewards program called Ace Rewards. By joining, customers can earn points on purchases, redeem points for senior discounts, and receive members-only offers.
Additional Savings Strategies
Aside from senior discounts, there are various ideas to save money at home improvement stores:
- Shop clearance items: Many stores have clearance sections or sales with discounted merchandise.
- Use coupon codes: Search for promo codes before shopping or via apps to save on your purchase.
- Price matching: Some stores, like Lowe's, offer price matching when you find a better price at a local competitor.
- Reward programs: Sign up for free store reward programs or retail credit cards to receive additional senior discounts, cashback, and special offers.
- Holiday sales: Take advantage of holiday sales for significant senior discounts on seasonal items.