Table of Contents
Why is My Skullcandy Sesh Evo Not Charging?
If you are wondering why your Skullcandy Sesh Evo will not charge, there are a few potential explanations. Maybe the charging port is dirty and needs to be cleaned out. Or, it's possible that the battery is simply drained and needs to be recharged. In either case, following a few simple steps can help you get your Skullcandy Sesh Evo up and running again.
Common Reasons Why Sesh Evos Would Not Charge
In the case of your SkullCandy Sesh Evos not charging, one or more of these common reasons might be to blame.
- The charging case is not properly plugged in. For this, you need to ensure that the charging case is plugged into a power source using the included USB cable.
- There's something blocking the charging port on the earbuds or the case. Remove any debris or dust from the port using a soft, dry cloth.
- The earbuds are not aligned correctly in the case. Make sure that the earbuds are seated in the case properly so that they make contact with the charging pins.
- The battery in the earbuds is completely depleted. It can take up to 2 hours to fully charge the earbuds from a dead battery.
- The charging case itself needs to be charged. If the LED light on the front of the case is blinking red, it means that the case needs to be charged. Connect the USB cable to the case and plug it into a power source.
What to Do If Your Sesh Evos Are Not Charging
If your Sesh Evos are not charging, here are a few steps you can take to remediate the issue:
Clean The Charging Case
If your Sesh Evo earbuds are not charging when you put them in the case, it might be time to clean the charging case. A build-up of dirt or debris can prevent the charging pins from making contact with the earbuds, causing a charge not to be transferred.
To clean your charging case, start by unplugging it from any power source. Then, using a soft cloth or cotton swab, gently wipe down the inside and outside of the charging case. Pay special attention to the area around the charging pins, making sure there is no dirt or debris blocking them. Once you've cleaned the case, plug it back in and try charging your earbuds again. If they still do not charge, you may need to replace the charging case.
Try Another Cable To Plug The Case
If you are Skullcandy Sesh Evo will not charge, it could be due to a number of factors. One potential fix is to try another cable to plug the case into. This could be a different USB cable or even a different type of charging port altogether. If you have access to another charger, give that a try as well. Sometimes, all it takes is to use a different power source to get your Skullcandy Sesh Evos working again.
Check The Cable
In some cases, the issue may be with the cable and not the earbuds themselves.
To test this, simply try charging the earbuds with a different cable. If they normally charge with the new cable, then you know that the original cable was the problem.
If you don't have another cable handy, you can also try charging the earbuds from a computer's USB port. This will usually work if there is an issue with the charging cable.
Reset SkullCandy Sesh Evo
If your Sesh Evos do not charge, you may need to reset it. Here's how:
- Remove the charging case lid and take out the earbuds.
- Press and hold both the left and right buttons on the earbuds for about 10 seconds until you see the LEDs flash red and white alternately.
- Put the earbuds back in the charging case and close the lid. The charging case's LED will turn red, indicating that it's charging the earbuds.
- Once the earbuds are fully charged, they'll be reset and ready to use again!
Other Troubleshooting Tips
In the case that your Sesh Evos are not charging, there are some easy DIY steps you can take to try to troubleshoot the issue.
First, check to see if the earbuds, as well as the charging case, are both properly seated in their respective charging docks. If they are not properly docked, they may not charge.
Secondly, check the USB port you are using to charge the case. If it's a standard USB port, try using a different one. If it's a USB-C port, try using a different cable.
Thirdly, if all else fails, contact Skullcandy customer support for further assistance.
Tips for Preventing Un-Charging Skullcandy Sesh Evos
- Use only the included charger: The Skullcandy Sesh Evos come with a charging case and cable that is specifically designed for use with the earbuds. Using other chargers or cables may result in damage to the earbuds or decreased performance.
- Keep the charging case clean: Make sure to keep the charging case clean and free of debris. A build-up of dirt or dust can prevent the earbuds from making a proper connection and result in decreased performance.
- Avoid extreme temperatures: Extreme temperatures can damage the battery in the Skullcandy Sesh Evos and cause them to stop charging properly. Avoid leaving the earbuds in direct sunlight or in very cold environments.
Does SkullCandy Offer Warranty On Their Products?
SkullCandy offers a limited warranty on its products. This means that if your headphones break or stop working properly within a certain time frame, you may be able to get them replaced or repaired for free. The time frame and coverage vary depending on the product, so be sure to check the warranty before making your purchase.
In general, SkullCandy warranties cover defects in materials and workmanship, but not normal wear and tear or damage caused by abuse. If you have a problem with your headphones, you'll need to contact SkullCandy customer service to start the process. They may ask you to send in pictures or videos of the issue, as well as the serial number from your headphones. Once they determine that the problem is covered by the warranty, they'll send you instructions on how to get your headphones repaired or replaced.
Just be sure to hold onto your proof of purchase and keep an eye on the time frame so you can take advantage of this coverage if needed.
Do Skullcandy Sesh Evo Wireless Headphones Come With a Warranty?
Skullcandy Sesh Evo wireless headphones come with a standard one-year warranty. This covers any manufacturer defects and damages that may occur during normal use. If you experience any problems with your headphones, Skullcandy's customer service team will be happy to help you troubleshoot and, if necessary, process a return or exchange.
In addition to the standard warranty, Skullcandy also offers a free replacement program for certain types of damage. If your headphones break due to an accidental drop or water damage, Skullcandy will send you a new pair at no cost. To take advantage of this program, simply contact customer service and let them know what happened. They'll determine if your case is eligible for a free replacement and if so, they'll send you a new pair of headphones right away.
So whether you're worried about manufacturer defects or accidental damage, Skullcandy's got you covered. Their comprehensive warranty and free replacement program ensure that you'll be able to enjoy your Sesh Evo wireless headphones for years to come.