Table of Contents
When Sonos Is Showing Solid Green Light
When your Sonos is muted, you'll see a solid green light on the speaker. Just look at the light if you're unsure if your Sonos is muted. If it's green, then it's muted.
If you're wondering why your Sonos would be muted, it could be for a few reasons. Maybe you pressed the mute button on the speaker or the Sonos app. Or perhaps you set a schedule in the app to have your Sonos turn off and on at certain times, and it just so happens that one of those times is when it's muted.
Whatever the reason, if you see a solid green light on your Sonos speaker, it means it's muted. Just press the mute button again or use the Sonos app to adjust the volume to unmute it.
When Sonos Is Showing Flashing Green Light
The speaker is ready to be paired with another device when you see the green light flashing on your Sonos. The process is simple and only takes a few seconds. Here's how to do it:
- Make sure that both devices are powered on and within range.
- Press and hold the "Pair" button on your Sonos speaker for 3 seconds.
- On your other Device, select "Sonos" from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Once the two devices are paired, you'll hear a confirmation tone from your Sonos speaker, and the green light will stop flashing.
Once you have successfully paired the Sonos speakers to your Device, it will show an active Bluetooth connection, and you should be able to play any audio or video when playing.
When Sonos Is Showing Blinking Green And White Light
If you see your Sonos speaker flashing green and white, the speaker is not currently connected to a Sonos account. To use the speaker, you'll need to connect it to a Sonos account. Here's how:
- Open the Sonos app on your mobile phone.
- Tap on the "Settings" tab.
- Scroll down and tap on "System Updates."
- Tap on "Add a player or bridge."
- Follow the instructions on the screen to add your Sonos speaker to your account.
Once you've done this, the green and white light should stop flashing and stay solid green.
What if the Sonos Is Showing No Light?
A few things could be causing your Sonos to show no light. Check the following:
- Make sure that your device is plugged in and receiving power. If it is, try unplugging and replugging it in.
- If you're using a battery-powered speaker, check to ensure that the batteries have power and are properly inserted.
- If you're using an Ethernet cable to connect your speaker to the network, check to ensure that the cable is plugged in securely at both ends.
- Restart your router and modem (if you're using one). Once they've restarted, power on your Sonos again.
If none of these troubleshooting steps work, reach out to Sonos Support.
What to do When the Sonos Speakers don't Connect to the Device?
Check the Power of Your Sonos Speaker
If you're having trouble connecting your Sonos speaker to your network, the first thing you should check is the power. Ensure that the speaker is plugged into a power outlet and that the outlet is working.
If the speaker is battery-powered, make sure that the batteries are charged. If the speaker is plugged in and has power but still won't connect, try restarting it. To do this, unplug the speaker from the power outlet and plug it back in. Wait a minute or two for the speaker to restart.
If the speaker still doesn't connect, try moving it closer to your router. Speakers can have difficulty connecting if they're too far from the router.
Reboot the Speaker
You may need to reboot if you're having trouble connecting your Sonos speaker to your network. Here's how you can do it:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the speaker.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Wait for the speaker to reconnect to your network. This may take a few minutes.
If you're still having trouble connecting after rebooting, try moving your speaker closer to your router or resetting your router altogether. You can also contact Sonos Support for help troubleshooting your connection issue.
Reboot the Router
If you're having trouble connecting your Sonos speaker to your network, one thing you can try is rebooting your router. This can often fix connectivity issues and get things up and running again.
Reboot your router by unplugging the power outlet, and wait for a few seconds before plugging it back. Once it's back on, try connecting your Sonos speaker again. If it still doesn't work, you may need to factory reset your speaker or contact Sonos support for further assistance.