Table of Contents
Why Does My Apple Music Stop When I Open Facebook?
If you're an Apple Music subscriber, you've probably noticed that your music stops playing when you open the Facebook app. This can be really frustrating, especially if you're in the middle of a great song!
So why does this happen?
It turns out that this is a known issue that affects many iPhone and iPad users. The problem seems to be related to how Apple Music and Facebook handle audio playback.
When you open the Facebook app, it will automatically pause any audio playing in the background. This includes any music from Apple Music.
How to Keep Apple Music Playing When I Open Facebook?
There is no official fix for this issue, but there are a few workarounds that you can try.
Try Changing Your Facebook Sound Settings
If you're a fan of Apple Music and you find that your tunes stop playing when you open up Facebook, there's a simple fix. Just change your Facebook sound settings.
- Open Facebook on your iOS device.
- Tap the More tab (it looks like three horizontal lines) in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down and go to Settings.
- Tap Sounds.
- Under System Sounds, ensure that the tick next to "In-App Sounds" does not appear.
When you open Facebook, your Apple Music should continue playing without interruption.
Try Re-installing Facebook
Sometimes, the apps might start malfunctioning, which can cause the Apple music to stop playing when Facebook is opened. One easy fix to this problem is to re-install Facebook.
- First, delete the Facebook app from your iPhone. You can do this by holding down on the app icon and tapping the x that appears.
- Next, go to the App Store and search for Facebook.
- Once you find the Facebook app, tap on Get and Install.
- Once the install is complete, open the app and sign in with your Facebook credentials.
- Finally, go to Settings > Music and ensure that the switch next to "Background Audio" is turned on.
When you open another app, your Apple Music should continue playing in the background. Remember that this may not work with all apps, but it's worth a try if you're having trouble getting background audio to work on your iPhone.
Try Restarting your iPhone
Unfortunately, Apple Music doesn't always play nicely with other apps and sometimes stops playing in the background when you switch to another app.
If this happens to you, there's an easy fix: simply restart your iPhone. This will kill any errant processes causing the issue and should allow Apple Music to continue playing in the background without any problems.
Here's how to do it:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone until the "slide to power off" slider appears.
- Drag the slider to the right to power off your device.
- Once your iPhone is powered off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until the Apple logo appears.
And that's it! After restarting your iPhone, your music should continue playing in the background as usual.
Of course, this isn't a perfect solution and may not work every time. If you're still having trouble getting Apple Music to play in the background, consider contacting Apple support for further assistance.
Try Refreshing the Background Apps
Unfortunately, Apple Music background playback doesn't always work as smoothly as we would like. Sometimes, background playback will stop unexpectedly or fail to start at all. If you're having trouble getting your Apple Music to play in the background of Facebook, you can try a few things.
First, ensure background playback is enabled in the Apple Music app. To do this, open the app and go to the "Now Playing" screen. Then, tap the three dots in the top-right corner and select "Settings." On the next screen, scroll down and ensure that the "Background Audio" switch is turned on.
If background playback is already enabled, try refreshing the apps you're using. To do this, double-press the home button (or swipe up from the bottom of your screen if you're using an iPhone X or later) to bring up the multitasking view. Then, swipe up on each app to close it. Once all of your apps are closed, open Apple Music and try playing a song again.
Try Turning Off Video Autoplay on Facebook
Another way to fix Apple music playback when using Facebook is to turn off video autoplay in the Facebook app.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the More tab (the three lines in the bottom right corner).
- Scroll down and tap on the Settings option.
- Tap Account Settings.
- Tap Videos and Photos.
- Tap Autoplay Video to toggle it off. (You can also choose to have videos play over WiFi only or never play automatically.)
Contact Apple Support
If neither of these solutions works, your best bet is to contact Apple support. You can do this by going to the Apple website and clicking on the Support link at the top of the page. From there, you can browse through the various support options available or search for a specific issue that you're having.
When you find an article covering the issue you're experiencing, follow the instructions to get in touch with Apple support. In most cases, you'll be able to reach someone by phone or chat. However, if your issue is more complex, you may need to schedule an appointment at an Apple Store or send your device for service.
No matter what the issue is, Apple support can help you get back to enjoying your music. So if you're having trouble with Apple Music, don't hesitate to reach out and get the help you need.